Saturday, January 10, 2009

I'm bad!!


We built our home 10 years ago and planted about 13 citrus/fruit trees. Steve and the kids work together to pick the citrus and squeeze fresh orange every morning. Yesterday, I wanted an orange and grapefruit and their wasn't any in the house, so I went out to pick a few and noticed that our trees were loaded with citrus. Why was this a new discovery? I realized that I never go on that side of the property to notice all the fruit we have and I have never shared it. My sister once asked me why we don't give her bags of citrus when she comes to visit in the Winter and I told her that Steve uses all the citrus for orange juice and we didn't have any left to pass along. I had no idea!! Whoever comes to visit will surely go home with citrus from our trees from now on. Our friends and neighbors will now receive a bag of citrus every Christmas instead of our traditional chips/salsa or chocolate & caramel dipped pretzel rods.

No comments:

Post a Comment